Upstairs, in the Modern Art gallery, it was a Black & White show. Interesting works, but not what I wanted to photograph. Then I noticed a photographer in a blue shirt framed by the art. As I took the shot a tourist in red shoes entered the frame, which gave me a more interesting shot.
For this week’s photo challenge, I converted the photo to B/W using the Selective Coloring Effect in Photoshop CC. It’s a simple process:
- Select photo in Lightroom
- Edit photo in Photoshop
- Make a selection of the photographer and the tourist
- Create a B/W adjustment layer masked by the selection.
- Save the image, and close Photoshop
- Open the new image in Lightroom and output as jpg.
This was a fun challenge… Below is the original color image, which I published on my Instagram feed. I think I like the processed image a little better.
To see other bloggers’ responses to the Weekly Photo Challenge follow this link, UNUSUAL.